Senior Director, A&R Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/3/2020 12:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Director, A&R Administration jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director, A&R Administration postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Director, A&R Administration? Overview
As Sr. Director, A&R Administration, you will work closely with A&R, Business & Legal Affairs, Finance, Marketing, Royalties, Joint Venture Accounting, IT, and the rest of the departments at Columbia Records to administer recording and video budgets, perform deal analysis, review royalty and Profit Split statements, track artist options, and prepare various ad hoc management reports. You will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the recording process from start to finish including overseeing recording budgets and deadlines.
What You'll Do
• Handle the ''day-to-day'' administration of artist recording projects, including creation of recording budgets, issuance of purchase orders, payment of invoices, producer/mixer declarations, remix agreements, AFM and SAG-AFTRA union filings, etc.
• Interact with artist attorneys and managers about contractual issues, producer agreements, side artist agreements, and sample agreements
• Analyze and evaluate complex deal proposals for new artists, label deals and renegotiations; and their profitability, internal rates of return, net present values, returns on sales, recoupment, etc.
• Work closely with Business & Legal Affairs regarding deal proposals and counter proposals.
• Review and assist with talent capitalization analyses
• Review and approve Artist Royalty and Profit Split statements.
• Work with the Royalty and Joint Venture Audit departments on audit claims
• Assist with the preparation of various senior management reports
Who You Are
• 8 years of A&R Admin experience
• Someone with strong Finance and Accounting skills
• A professional who preferably has experience in reading and interpreting contracts as well as knowledge of audio files (multitracks, stems, mix passes) and recording systems
• A strong communicator with exceptional attention to detail This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.