Senior Director, A&R Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As Sr. Director, A&R Administration, you will work closely with A&R, Business & Legal Affairs, Finance, Marketing, Royalties, Joint Venture Accounting, IT, and the rest of the departments at Columbia Records to administer recording and video budgets, perform deal analysis, review royalty and Profit Split statements, track artist options, and prepare various ad hoc management reports. You will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the recording process from start to finish including overseeing recording budgets and deadlines.
What You'll Do
• Handle the ''day-to-day'' administration of artist recording projects, including creation of recording budgets, issuance of purchase orders, payment of invoices, producer/mixer declarations, remix agreements, AFM and SAG-AFTRA union filings, etc.
• Interact with artist attorneys and managers about contractual issues, producer agreements, side artist agreements, and sample agreements
• Analyze and evaluate complex deal proposals for new artists, label deals and renegotiations; and their profitability, internal rates of return, net present values, returns on sales, recoupment, etc.
• Work closely with Business & Legal Affairs regarding deal proposals and counter proposals.
• Review and assist with talent capitalization analyses
• Review and approve Artist Royalty and Profit Split statements.
• Work with the Royalty and Joint Venture Audit departments on audit claims
• Assist with the preparation of various senior management reports
Who You Are
• 8 years of A&R Admin experience
• Someone with strong Finance and Accounting skills
• A professional who preferably has experience in reading and interpreting contracts as well as knowledge of audio files (multitracks, stems, mix passes) and recording systems
• A strong communicator with exceptional attention to detail
About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.