Senior Data Operations Analyst, Data Analytics
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is hiring a Senior Data Operations Analyst, Advanced Analytics to join our New York team.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Analytics Strategy based in New York, NY, The Orchard has an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Data Analyst, working on Advanced Analytics. The NYC-based position will contribute to and help organize the technical systems that support the availability of data and analytics solutions built and maintained for all business verticals at The Orchard. This person will be responsible for understanding business requirements as communicated by internal stakeholders, translating them into technical solutions, and executing on the work required to accomplish those solutions. Success in this position requires a strong ability to communicate and collaborate within the team and with internal stakeholders across The Orchard.
• Bachelor’s degree required in Music, Business, Statistics, Technology, or related field
• 2-4 years prior experience working as an Analyst, or in a similar technical role
• Ability to gather business requirements mapping those to advanced analytics projects, products and solutions
• Prior experience facilitating technical solutions to business problems
• Intermediate level of SQL (demonstrate aggregation, join, union, subquery)
• Strong understanding of database design and query optimization (entity-relationships, database exploration, normalization, keys, indexes)
• Prior experience working with Looker, or similar BI Tools (Tableau, Mode, Alteryx)
• Strong passion for and deep knowledge of music
The ideal candidate has:
• Experience with PL/SQL, or equivalent (demonstrate procedures, functions, triggers)
• Prior experience working with tools that support technical collaboration (GitHub)
• Introductory or intermediate experience with Liquid, or similar templating languages
• Prior experience working with music or entertainment metadata
• Some experience working with statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, R, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
• Some knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications of these
• Strong communication skills
• Team player, capable of working effectively within an analytics team, across various engineering teams, and with business stakeholders enterprise-wide
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
About The Orchard®?
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit our website.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.