Senior Creative, Content
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
There's a story behind every song, every artist and every album. As the Hip-Hop and R&B Content Creative, you will play a key role in helping to develop and bring those stories to life through our content marketing campaigns. You will help with development from ideation to execution across a range of mediums and platforms.
What you'll do:
• In this role you will support the Creative Director and content team on creative ideation and ownership around marketing campaigns for our catalog artists.
• You should have a deep understanding in Hip-Hop and R&B's culture, history and tentpole moments and lead those verticals from ideation to execution working under the Creative Director.
• Monitor trends in the digital and advertising industries to help push the envelope beyond traditional advertising with our content and marketing teams.
• Identify growth opportunities around artists/songs/genres that have stories which ''must'' be told with the goal of increasing consumer consumption by keeping our artists culturally relevant, interesting and top of mind.
• You should have an excellent sense of visual style, art direction and storytelling in various mediums including: short and long form video content, social content (IG, TikTok, FB, YouTube etc).
• You must be able to articulate, visualize, verbalize and sell creative through pitch decks, treatments, moodboards and art direction both internally and externally.
Who you are:
• You have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience at an agency, production company, label, media or marketing company or culturally similar environment with a proven track record in presenting and telling compelling stories around music.
• You are an excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who can work with a range of personalities and partners.
• You have a wealth of knowledge specifically in the Hip-Hop, R&B space.
• You have a deep understanding of the various digital formats and how people are consuming content through all social channels including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Spotify, Apple Music, Twitter and Snapchat.
• You are excellent at understanding and articulating writing for creative concepts and have the ability to autonomously own projects from start to finish.
• Ability to travel as/when needed.
• Portfolio is required.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess