Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Analyst, Partner Forecasting & Analysis
The Senior Analyst, Partner Forecasting & Analysis is responsible for providing insights at the global level regarding the performance of Sony Music's top digital accounts (such as Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Google etc.). This role is responsible for providing global transparency surrounding key Digital Partners, monitoring and reporting Partner performance through data analysis, and insight based on a deep understanding of the KPIs and drivers. This role will be responsible for reporting digital partner results and forecasts to be utilized by account managers and senior management, and creating compelling global analyses to help drive sales, market share, and partner relationships for Sony Music.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Partner Forecasting & Analysis and is part of a team of 4, which reports to the VP of Finance within Sony Music's Global Digital Business Group.
What you'll do:
• Partner Forecasting: Understand, own and manage digital partner revenue forecasting models - identifying trends in the data and overall digital landscape to maintain accuracy and robustness of models. Work closely with partner account leads to ensure models are constantly updated to reflect new information
• Global Reporting: Generate and distribute monthly global sales performance and forecast reports to international affiliate offices, Global Digital Business Group and senior management
• Data Insights: Use data analytics tools to create compelling new reports, dashboards and visualizations to be used by stakeholders across SME
• Data Analysis: Conduct deep dive and ad hoc analysis on monthly financial data and provide support to the partner development team, finance team and other stakeholders in GDB group
• Account Strategy: Establish strong relationships with internal teams to gain an understanding of their account strategies and objectives
• Industry Reporting: collect, understand and analyze data to be submitted to RIAA and IFPI
• Data / Systems: Understand data sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy. Utilize internal data systems and analytics tools synthesize data into custom insights
• Team Player: Assist other members of the Partner Forecasting & Analysis team
• International: Collaborate and provide insights to team members located in Sony Music's offices worldwide
Who you are:
• 2-4 years minimum post University experience in an analytical role in sales analysis, reporting and/or finance
• Highly skilled in MS Excel functions and modeling, visualizations and intermediate knowledge of all primary MS Office software.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with an ability to identify trends in large datasets, display creativity in problem solving, and generate new ideas
• Experience in business intelligence and data analytics tools preferably with SQL, Alteryx, Tableau
• Ability to think and perform independently and feel comfortable working with colleagues from various departments such as Finance, Sales, Marketing and IT
• Well organized team player who is proactive and detail oriented, with ability to thrive in fast paced environment, manage multiple tasks at once and work to deadlines
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively report findings and help influence change within the organization
• Knowledge of music industry trends related to streaming, digital business models, and competitive landscape
• Passion for music and desire to build a career in the industry
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.