Senior Analyst, Research Reporting & Analytics
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Analyst, Research Reporting & Analytics is responsible for generating strategic insights through social, digital and consumer research tools as well as internal transactional data. The Senior Analyst will generate data-driven insights for Sony artists across labels in presentation format. The Senior Analyst also assists in supervising three part-time undergraduate/graduate-level representatives focused on social media insights.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Respond to a large volume of standard and custom internal Sony Music research requests by utilizing data from social listening tools, content engagement tools, proprietary survey tools and sales/streaming transaction data from accounts such as Spotify, Apple, Pandora others.
• Manage up to 20 social research requests at any given time, by creating, maintaining and analyzing artist profiles across a variety of social analytics tools
• Coordinate the day-to-day responsibilities of part-time social media analytics representatives
• Pro-actively identify technology, mobile and social trends and make suggestions for artist promotions
• Consolidate findings and recommendations into artist marketing presentations for product managers and label marketing teams
• Co-create, implement and analyze data obtained via social media & other digital media platforms for Sony Music artists and initiatives
• Minimum three years experience in social media measurement, social media/digital marketing, advertising planning, audience measurement or related field
• Understand how to present data clearly – orally, in writing, and in presentations
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint, presentation design writing skills a must
• Strong understanding of social media networks (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube)
• Be organized and handle multiple projects simultaneously with efficiency & speed
• Have a “customer service” mentality to ensure the needs of labels, accounts and senior management are met in a timely and satisfactory manner
• Possess a strong knowledge of all bands/artists across genres and a breadth of knowledge about Sony’s vast catalog and new releases
• Experience in music industry or media/entertainment strongly preferred
• Bachelors degree with a concentration in Marketing / Consumer Behavior preferred (or equivalent work experience)
• Be a team player