Sony MusicRutherford, NJ
Full Time Job
The music industry is shifting from a static, artist royalty payment structure to a collaborative, profit sharing relationship with creative partners. The Joint Venture team is central in supporting the Sony Music Label teams by reporting the results of those collaborative partnerships to the creative partners. As a member of the JV team, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for performing accounting and analysis functions integral to financial statement reporting, management reporting and general accounting in compliance with the contract and accounting standards.
What you'll do:
• Prepare financial statements and statements of accounts in accordance with each deal's contract and review with SME Label management and issue to venture partners.
• Review contracts, clarify issues, summarize key points, and communicate to all affected SME departments to ensure compliance with the contract's terms and accurate accounting
• Review and analyze monthly results for assigned joint ventures, including interfacing with SME departments to understand unusual variances or transactions, reconciling subsystems to the general ledger, analyzing accounts and preparing journal entries.
• Coordinate with Business Affairs, A&R Administration, outside partners, their attorneys, representatives, and auditors to address issues, review statements, and review status of deals as required.
• Provide support for the audits of assigned joint venture financial statements with external auditors, including audits by venture partners' auditors.
• Participate in ad hoc special projects and analyses for senior management.
Who you are:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred, with minimum of 1-2 years of business experience
• Strong analytical skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of management.
• Disciplined self-starter with can-do attitude; proactive, resourceful, detail oriented and strong follow-through skills.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess