Sony MusicRutherford, NJ
Full Time Job
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for all aspects of royalty accounting for designated affiliates, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of accounting closes, performing account analysis and reconciliation, and royalty reporting. You will work closely with all areas of the royalty department, corporate, global reporting and planning and external auditors.
What you'll do:
• Prepare, review and analyze capitalized balances, associated royalty payables, recoupable recording and marketing costs, for reasonableness and proper accounting treatment. Prepare label talent provision and marketing recovery journal entries
• Review foreign royalty expense and prepare monthly accrual vs. actual analysis, intercompany reconciliations and associated journal entries
• Perform various balance sheet account analysis related to artist, copyright, union and foreign royalties to substantiate balances and clear reconciling items. This includes any royalty system to general ledger reconciliations
• Monitor, review and analyze artist/copyright/union expense for reasonableness and proper accounting treatment. Prepare manual journal entries to adjust royalty expense.
• Special projects/other duties as assigned by management
• Review and improve internal controls where applicable
Who you are:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with CPA or candidate in progress preferred
• 3 - 5 years related work experience required with royalty experience a plus
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (foreign language(s) beneficial)
• MS Office proficient with knowledge of SAP (System Application Product) desirable
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.