Sales Director, Podcasts
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sales Director, Podcasts (West Coast)
As our newest Sales Director, Podcasts (West Coast) -- you will play an instrumental role in the growing Podcast Sales team, driving revenue for our global podcast division across Sony Music's premium slate of content. Our audio expertise brings to life the bold voices, big personalities and unforgettable stories that have become globally renowned, and with a rapidly evolving slate of new shows coming to the roster, now is a fantastic time to join us! We are on the hunt for a confident and experienced Sales Director to manage and establish a portfolio of key media agency and brand relationships up and down the West Coast.
What you'll do:
• Manage a sales pipeline, generate leads, track leads and heavy outbound prospecting.
• Negotiate deal costs and terms to close advertising buys that results in a win for everybody.
• Develop, establish and build upon current relationships across select agencies and clients for podcast sales.
• Work with our Content and Finance team to maximize available inventory, and ensure spots are booked, fulfilled, and billed.
• Educate the market and create messaging around the benefits of advertising on Sony Music podcasts.
• Analyze campaign performance data and provide flighting recommendations to ensure client satisfaction and renewal of business.
• Proactively identify clients and industry relationships to optimize revenue streams.
Who you are:
• A sales person who is experienced in the National Ad Sales market, and in particular have a deep understanding of the West Coast region and the buying landscape.
• Great communicator. Negotiator and creative problem solver.
• The ability to demonstrate success through strong experience in digital &/or audio ad sales, with specific experience in audio or podcast sales is a huge plus!
• Team player, looking for a company with a culture-first mentality and thrives in a collaborative environment
• A hunter mentality with a proven ability to generate new business.
• Proficiency with the entire sales cycle, i.e. prospecting; meeting and engaging; developing proposals and pitching.
• Excellent understanding of agency dynamics, how they operate and how/what campaign buying and planning entails.
• Strong existing relationships with audio &/or digital buyers at brands and national agencies across multiple verticals.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching.
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
• We invest in your professional growth & development.
• Time off for a winter recess.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.