Sony MusicRutherford, NJ
This was removed by the employer on 6/28/2021 9:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Royalty Analyst jobs in Rutherford-NJ
Search all Royalty Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Royalty Analyst?
Full Time Job
As a Royalty Analyst on the catalog royalty team, you will contribute to the day-to-day catalog operations within Royalties and will be involved in all aspects of artist royalties across labels, including recording agreement implementation and coding, delivering accurate and timely royalty statements, clearing of suspense accruals and pending items, responding to internal and external inquiries on the accounts and special projects.
What you'll do:
• Review royalty terms of artist and third party agreements, create recording agreement summaries as a tool to implement the contractual royalty terms in the royalty system
• Analyze existing royalty system royalty terms and product/track links to the original recording agreements and document the findings. Clear suspense accrual and pending calculations. Reconcile various third party liability account balances on the artist ledger, including samples, overrides and other 3rd parties
• Prepare accurate and timely month, quarter and semi-annual royalty statements to comply with contractual obligations and to insure that all costs, artist advances and royalty calculations are valid.
• Analyze disputed contractual language and prepare formal response for Business Affairs, Law and A&R Administration as well as prepare correspondence with respect to inquiries by artists and their representatives
• Special Projects as needed
Who you are:
• You have a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance with (1-3) years of related work experience
• You have a strong proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook; SAP, EROS, and JIRA experience a plus
• A detail oriented individual with strong organizational skills that can handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to analyze and review information from several different sources (corporate systems)
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.