Regional Promotion Representative - Southeast
Sony MusicFl, GA
Full Time Job
Regional Promotion Representative - Southeast (Atlanta/Miami)
The Regional Promotion Rep is responsible for creating and maximizing exposure for Columbia artists through radio airplay in their designated territory/region/market(s). This includes soliciting and securing airplay and developing and coordinating promotions with local radio/media/retails/clubs and other businesses. Radio promotion activities in their assigned market(s) for Columbia's artists in all formats of Pop radio including Top 40, Rhythmic, Alternative Rock, Active Rock, Mainstream Rock, HAC, AC and AAA. This position is responsible for, but not limited, to the following:
• Secure airplay/ adds / rotations at radio stations in given markets. Find compelling ways utilizing relationships, communications skills and compelling information/statistics to get a radio station’s “will never add” to “will maybe add” and “will maybe add” to an “add.”
• Establish, build and maintain excellent relationships with each radio station’s staff. Meet with them regularly to discuss Columbia’s current priorities and future releases.
• Develop strong working relationships with retail, streaming services, lifestyle accounts, club owners, etc.
• Conceptualize, create, coordinate and deliver unique and effective radio promotions that will enable our artists to gain exposure and airplay.
• Work in conjunction with the publicity and marketing departments to align artist’s schedules and arrange interviews and other promotional appearances within the region.
• Interact with local music and media outlets – such as music video shows and local clubs as well as non-monitored radio stations to secure airplay for Columbia’s artists.
• Work directly with the artists and cover their appearances and promotion fulfillment(s) when they are on the road (via tour dates, promotional tours, and event appearances) in the RPM’s market.
• Work as needed on the fulfillment of various promotions as they relate to radio stations, contesting, and our labels artists.
• Analyze various data (Mediabase, BDS (Nielsen), Promosquad, SoundScan, iTunes, Spotify (and other streaming outlets, and other metrics) to analyze how our current songs / artists are doing in different markets and to strategize the next steps and future strategies.
• Keep in close contact with Format heads and regularly communicate with them to discuss the territory, label priorities, promotion plans/strategies via weekly/monthly reports, emails, and conference calls.
• Adhere to all of the company’s policies and procedures regarding Radio Promotion.
• Handle all administrative duties (product requests, servicing radio with new music/mailers, completing monthly recap reports, completing T&E reports, etc.) in a timely and efficient fashion.
• 3 years of previous radio promotion experience at a record label.
• Existing relationships with Radio stations in the Southeast strongly preferred.
• Must have working and up-to-date knowledge of the Radio marketplace including previous experience working with BDS and Mediabase data.
• Must relate to current and changing trends in the Streaming / Consumption models of the business.
• Ability to recognize differences from market to market and from station to station while also understanding that what you do at one radio station affects all stations in each market.
• Computer Skills: Radio and sales programs as well as MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point)
• Must have excellent communication and people skills.
• A positive, professional and calm attitude at all times is required.