Publicity Lead, Rca Records
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
As a Publicity Lead for RCA you will actively promote Hip-Hop and R&B acts by seeking and securing publicity opportunities in all media formats.
What you'll do:
• Create, implement and manage strategic national publicity campaigns for Hip-Hop and R&B artists, including television appearances, podcasts, social media takeovers, etc.
• Devise publicity campaigns designed to relay the artist's narrative and grow an audience.
• Manage and cultivate relationships with key decision makers/tastemakers across all media.
• Manage multiple projects and relationships with external Marketing and PR companies.
• Escort talent to television performances/photo shoots/events and effectively prepare talent and media for interviews and appearances.
• Write and edit press materials.
Who you are:
• Steeped in hip-hop and pop culture, plus awareness of current events.
• 5 years of prior publicity/media relations experience required.
• Must have strong media contacts and relationships across all music, lifestyle and fashion media.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the media industry and its power players.
• Ability to generate and execute creative and innovative ideas to generate buzzworthy coverage.
• Outgoing personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team
• Awareness of press campaigns of acts similar to their roster.
• Possess a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple tasks and priorities while delivering timely results.
• Proficient in Google Drive, Outlook, Excel.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess