Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music’s innovative and growing merchandising company The Thread Shop is looking to hire a dynamic and organized production manager. The ideal candidate will be an organized multitasker who can manage multiple ongoing relationships and have a deep appreciation for / understanding the production elements of retail, e-commerce, tour, and event merchandising with experience in this field.
• Plan, organize, communicate, and maintain merchandise production schedules for retail, e-commerce, and tour.
• Issue and track all production PO’s from start through completion.
• Assess project and sourcing requirements.
• Communicate and follow-up with factories/vendors on all current jobs.
• Compare and negotiate pricing, maintain internal margin requirements.
• Maintain all costing charts.
• Send out all design tech packs to factories for bulk production.
• Coordinate and purchase blanks / trim if production is not full package.
• Send comments on strike offs and PP’s to factories.
• Track of samples and bulk orders.
• Overseeing specific compliance request from retailers.
• Oversee all WIP in progress.
• Review all PP and TOP samples.
• Ensure all X-factory dates are met and on time.
• Receive all packing slips and AWB#’s to account for billing purposes.
• Uphold The Thread Shop’s QC standards.
• Has Product development knowledge in order to maintain internal IMU’s.
• Knowledge of clothing blanks – quality, variations, and pricing.
• Possess strong attention to detail, timelines, and quality control.
• Ability to interact comfortably with internal and external partners.
• Interest and excitement in a broad array of streetwear merchandise and fashion trends.
• Minimum 3 years of related experience working in clothing and/or merchandise production.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.