Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Production Coordinator will report into the US Production Manager and Global Head of Production in the UK and act as a production management representative in the NY office working across the US slate. This individual will handle a variety of tasks across each of our US-based original and work-for-hire podcast, while also supporting the PM to ensure effective and efficient workflow, communication, and final delivery of our podcasts.
What you'll do:
• Tracking and submitting invoices, re-allocation, etc., with oversight from the PM.
• Onboarding for independent contractors and vendors.
• Various production coordinator tasks, including purchasing and logging audio equipment, booking logistics for recording of the shows such as travel, accommodation, studio hire, and coordinating releases/clearances.
• Coordinating final delivery of each of our shows, including tracking and assembling assets in accordance with client specs, as well as uploading audio and video assets to the relative publishing platforms.
We're keen to hear from candidates hungry for growth and development who would grab an opportunity like this with both hands!
US Production Manager & Head of Production based in the UK.
Who you are:
• A motivated self-starter who is passionate about this kind of role and wants to grow and progress through the Production Management career route.
• A resilient, calm and professional manner â€'' a proven track record of being organised and responsive in the face of change.
• An excellent, clear and persuasive communicator â€'' able to adjust tone and approach for different audiences from direct reports up to the most senior management and commercial partners.
• A keen eye for detail and able to juggle many conflicting priorities from different sources â€'' the ability to â€˜switch hats' quickly.
• An understanding of all stages in the production process, including remote recording and visualisation, and associated costs and technology.
• Excellent administrative skills and experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel to a very good standard.
• Experience of setting up complex recordings, events or shoots across genres.
• Experience of completing a full range of production paperwork.
• Experience of working on narrative and entertainment programmes (or at least one of these genres).
• A passion and interest in podcasts.
• Knowledge of health and safety processes and procedures, including risk assessments and COVID-related matters, but also expenses and similar. The successful candidate will be expected to develop an understanding of employment procedures working with legal and HR teams to onboard Temp Employees and Independent Contractors.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
New York Pay Range
$45,000 — $55,000 USD
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.