Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is a leading independent music, film and video distribution company distributing music from artists such as Ozuna, G Herbo, and Nina Nesbitt as well as acclaimed movies like The Dawn Wall, Bart Layton’s American Animals, and Oscar-nominated films Life, Animated and Cartel Land. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is hiring a Product Designer to join our NYC team.
• Work across product, engineering and design teams to design and implement simple and intuitive product experiences
• Employ a user-centric and data-informed approach, incorporating qualitative and quantitative research to validate design decisions
• Champion ideas across the organization to ensure that we put customers first in our design decisions
• Contribute to the overall design team vision by improving existing features, identifying new opportunities and and generating innovative solutions
• 3 years of product design related experience
• Able to talk through a design portfolio that exhibits deep design thinking and strong end-to-end design processes
• Solid understanding and demonstration of visual design principles
• Experience using design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator), prototyping tools (InVision, Framer, Principle), and web production tools (HTML/CSS)
• Experience working on content, data, mobile, and/or SaaS products is a strong plus
The Ideal Candidate
• Naturally curious person who likes to dive deep into complex workflows and systems in order to find opportunities to improve and remove friction
• A clear communicator who can articulate your design rationale, while thriving on feedback
• A love for music and film a plus
About The Orchard®?
The Orchard is an independent music and video distribution company that provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music and videos available across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and physical retailers too. We work with our clients to maximize their revenue, and provide them with the latest and greatest digital marketing tools and sophisticated sales analytics to help them run their businesses efficiently and effectively.
The Orchard was founded in 1997 in New York City to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. Our headquarters are in New York and London, with operations in more than 25 markets around the world, including France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, Argentina, India, Australia and more. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity, creativity and personal/business relationships. From monthly potlucks and game nights to company kickball teams and other staff perks, our employees like what they do and where they do it.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.