Press Manager, Brand Marketing & Communications
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is looking for a quick thinking, brilliant communicator and experienced writer for a full time position as the Press Manager on Brand Marketing and Communications team in our New York office. This role aims to give The Orchard a public facing, informed and voice through press, external outlets, social profiles, events, and internal communications, always ensuring a consistent and vibrant company brand. The role will also be vital to enhancing department efforts and coordinating with current team members to lead strategies.
• Plan, ideate, contribute to and oversee all press communications
• Cultivate close relationships with key editors, journalists and influencers at business, trade and consumer outlets
• Regularly pitch story ideas aligning with company goals with a deep understanding of the needs and profiles of key media outlets
• Manage projects and relationships with external partners
• Develop strategic trade and business media relations, engaging with media contacts and platforms to build awareness
• Strategize and analyze social media outreach for The Orchard properties, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
• Elevate internal and external company events, coordinate conference participation as well as potential sponsorships
• Secure speaking engagements for executives
• Ideate and develop press strategies and collateral to heighten visibility within the industry
• Prior experience working in a Communications, Press- and/or Entertainment-related field
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a strong, charismatic voice
• Tech-savvy with facility to learn and use new platforms and programs, HTML-knowledge preferred
• Applicants must have an extraordinarily high level of attention to detail, and should be able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates will be self-starters and have a strong work ethic.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multitask, prioritize to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure
• Passionate about independent music
This position is based in NYC at The Orchard’s global headquarters and reports to the VP of Marketing.
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity. The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.