Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a paralegal at Ultra Records, your support will be pivotal to the Business & Legal Affairs team. The role will be central to maintaining and building the business of the electronic music powerhouse. The label is uniquely situated as a relatively small label within the larger Sony Music infrastructure. The ideal candidate has experience reviewing and summarizing contracts, good ability to prioritize, is organized, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you'll do:
• Provide support to in-house attorneys
• Draft correspondence and other written materials for review by in-house attorneys, including editing and reviewing documentation for accuracy and completeness
• Prepare, proofread and redline legal documents, including drafting contracts and correspondence
• Handle contract signing workflows and assist with maintaining digital records and metadata
• Liase with artist managers, attorneys, and in-house Senior Counsel to manage deal pipeline and maintain organized records of all prospective deals
• Review, analyze, and summarize contracts to monitor critical terms/dates
• Maintain databases based on contractual terms
• Assist in payment processing
Who you are:
• Must possess B.S. or B.A. from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 1-2 years direct or equivalent experience working
• Paralegal experience a plus
• Strong drafting skills for contracts/agreements
• Expert proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Organized, self-sufficient, detail-oriented individual able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and work concurrently on a variety of deals
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.