Motion Designer / Video Editor
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/27/2021 2:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Motion Designer / Video Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Motion Designer / Video Editor postings
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is seeking a creative motion designer video editor to join Legacy Recordings content team. You are passionate about visual storytelling, whether it's an eye-catching animation or a beautifully crafted edit, you know how to get a point across in a few seconds. This is a unique opportunity to influence how music reaches listeners around the world.
What you'll do:
• Utilize combinations of design, typography, motion graphics, and video editing to create compelling, sharable content for fans.
• Create and publish short form content across a variety of social media, mobile and web platforms for legendary Sony Music artists.
• Work closely with the post-production team, producers, and creatives to meet Legacy's evolving content needs.
• Leverage your creativity and bring iconic album artwork to life through animation and VFX for the largest digital service providers and streaming services.
• Draw on combination of Legacy repertoire opportunities, marketing/sales/streaming needs, historical events, social context and digital trends to develop and maintain an ongoing flow of enticing digital content that can be repurposed across multiple digital properties.
Who you are:
• You have an excellent design sensibility.
• You have 3-5 years of experience editing ad campaigns, documentary style videos, branded content and social media campaigns for high profile clients.
• You have an outstanding showreel and/or portfolio.
• You have an expert knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Premiere and are highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• You are fluent in content creation/publishing across all major social media platforms and familiar with a variety of online marketing concepts, best practices and procedures.
• You have strong verbal and visual communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and ability to work with artists, managers and staff at all levels.
• You have excellent creative and strategic problem-solving skills combined with sound editorial judgement.
• You have excellent time management, resilience, and the ability to work independently as well as in collaboration within a fast-paced team environment.
• You have a deep love of music and a fascination with how digital platforms connect artists and audiences.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.