MBA Associate Digital Strategy & Investments
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music is seeking a Digital Strategy & Investments Summer MBA Associate for the Global Digital Business (GDB) team in New York. Sony will accept resumes with cover letters for the summer until 6pm EST on Thursday, February 28th with first round interviews to be scheduled on a rolling basis with selected candidates.
As an MBA Associate, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects that cover the full spectrum of the digital media marketplace, including assessing and refining strategic initiatives, identifying market trends that may create opportunities for Sony Music, and evaluating investments in music business start-ups. Your role will have direct influence on industry developments and work on data-driven, strategic initiatives that benefit Sony Music’s business and artist roster.
While the team is based in New York, the role is global in scope. MBAs receive a crash course in digital business models at the start of the program, and develop skills during the semester that are transferable to any entertainment business. This is a unique opening for an exceptional candidate.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Summarize music and broader media industry trends, and create deliverables to share learnings throughout Sony Music.
• Monitor the digital media investment landscape to identify potential impacts and opportunities for Sony Music.
• Analyze large data sets and model expected financial outcomes, to generate insights that instruct investment recommendations and equity deal negotiations.
• Prepare financial models, including market size assessment, benchmark analysis, company P&L projections, and rates of return.
A successful candidate will be:
• Passionate about the music industry and music in general
• Savvy with data, demonstrating advanced Excel modeling and analytical skills
• Excellent at communication, both verbal and written, and proficient with PowerPoint
• Pro-active, organized, efficient and detail-oriented
• Currently enrolled in a top-tier MBA program
Other positive elements include:
• Background in consulting, banking, corporate development or other related capacity
• Deep interest and understanding of the worldwide digital landscape
• Experience working in media and entertainment
Summer MBA Associate Program Details
The program runs for 12-14 weeks and applicants must be willing to commit to a full-time schedule on-site at the Sony Music offices in the Flatiron District of NYC. The start date for the program will be in early June 2019.