Manager, Urban Marketing Social Media and Streaming
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a member of the Marketing department, this individual will work to develop opportunities to increase audience and revenue around Sony Music’s Hip-Hop/R&B/Urban music catalog.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Contribute to the marketing, social media and streaming strategy of a team dedicated to increasing consumption, audience development and engagement around the Sony Music’s Hip-Hop/R&B/Urban music catalog.
• Oversee social media campaigns and strategies that resonate within the urban music space.
• Implement best practices for Sony Music’s urban music catalog across all major streaming platforms.
• Collaborate with other members of the team to develop and implement streaming marketing strategies which will drive consumption.
• Lead weekly editorial meeting to map out monthly social calendar.
• Manage post boosting testing / optimization, creative development, and analysis for social campaigns, sharing findings in an ongoing manner with key stakeholders.
• Plan and execute A/B send strategies based on defined KPIs and campaign objective(s).
• Analyze current and historical results to optimize future strategies.
• Define behavioral and demographic attributes to develop audience/sub-genre segmentation.
• Analyze competition strategies and follow digital marketing trends.
• Attend and contribute to all relevant internal company meetings and provide department head with timely feedback and follow-up.
• Prepare and distribute regular status reports.
• At least 3 years of relevant urban marketing experience.
• Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of urban music and the digital landscape.
• Broad knowledge of music streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, YouTube Music, Pandora, etc.).
• Established network of relevant contacts within the urban music and digital communities.
• Social Media Obsessed: Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
• Experience in social media content deployment, including copy writing/editing, image editing/optimizing and scheduling/optimizing posts for best performance.
• Knowledgeable in best practices of campaign development to optimize efficiency and quality of campaigns across all channels (email, web, social).
• Working knowledge of SEO, SEM, Google AdWords and Social Media Ad strategy and platforms.
• Creative self-starter with ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding attention to organization and detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.