Manager, Sync Licensing, Us Latin
Sony MusicMiami, FL
Full Time Job
As Manager of Sync Licensing, you would assist the supervisor in pitching SML's music to advertising and creative agencies, film & TV studios, music supervisors and gaming companies. You will also ensure that master usages are entered into the system, track contracts, maintain financial documents and interface with artist management and follow up with clients.
What you'll do:
• Provide curated playlists for submitted requests and creative briefs.
• Quote uses based on standard /market fees for the different types of license requests.
• Manage financial reports and provide weekly updates on progress for the fiscal year.
• Research studios, producers and music supervisors and their ties to films, TV shows, ad campaigns and pitching for opportunities.
• Keep department-wide systems up to date on all stages of licensing deals.
• Provide updates that outline which songs have been approved and/or denied, as well as advise them of potential trouble songs and assist with resolving any issues.
• Seek approval and perform clearance duties for music-intensive MFN television shows, film festivals, documentaries, non-profits, live streams, and live performances.
• Maintain fluid communication with publishers.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience â€'' music major a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years in the entertainment business (Film, TV, Adv. and or Music).
• Interest/knowledge in the music we handle.
• Self-starter who is energetic, creative but also business minded.
• High attention to detail, exceptional written/verbal communication skills and extremely organized.
• Comprehensive follow-up and research skills
• Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude while working with multiple departments and external contacts.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.