Manager, Sync Licensing Contract Admin
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As Manager, Contract Administration, you will play a critical role in the performance and success of the contract administration licensing department. You understand the balance of managing a high-volume work environment while still maintaining pride of workmanship as a representative of Sony Music Entertainment. You will have the opportunity to make key contributions to a central and valued group within the company.
What you'll do:
• Draft, negotiate and revise (as needed) sound recording synchronization licenses for all genres of media (as assigned) and assist in the tracking and administration thereof (e.g., invoicing, submitting licenses for countersignature via eSign, updating the global licensing database, etc.)
• Assist in the drafting and negotiating of long-form templates and blanket license agreements with Sony Music Entertainment's licensees (as assigned).
• Provide assistance and guidance to all licensing employees in Sony's SyncShop by answering questions about licensing language, policies, procedures, etc.
• Participate in department discussions regarding best practices, license template language and policies in efforts to enable drafting consistency.
• Participate in ongoing discussions with various Sony departments (e.g., clearance, IT, finance and royalties) regarding the global licensing database enhancements, issues, and licensing and invoicing procedures and processes.
• Generate licensing reports for SyncShop and various other departments, artists and/or artists' representatives.
• Respond to SAG-AFTRA and AFM inquiries, provide courtesy label copy as needed.
• Supervise/train junior colleagues and interns (as assigned).
Who you are:
• At least 3 years of related contract knowledge/experience, preferably in connection with sound recording or musical composition synchronization licensing at a record label, music publisher, third-party clearance company or motion picture/television studio.
• College degree required.
• Strong verbal and written skills necessary with exceptional comprehension.
• Diplomacy when dealing with clients and internal colleagues, can handle constructive criticism.
• Highly organized with a keen skill for attention to detail.
• Strong interest in achieving.
• Must be able to manage high volume, fast paced work environment; results-oriented; team player.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.