Manager, Royalty Operations
Sony MusicRutherford, NJ
Full Time Job
As a Royalty Operations Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of royalty operations for designated affiliates, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of statement renderings, performing account analysis and reconciliations, managing and prioritizing clearing of suspense, manage and train staff, and special projects. Work closely with all areas of the royalty department and affiliates.
What you'll do:
ROYALTY STATEMENT ADMINISTRATION
• Liaising with Affiliate Departments to ensure completeness and accuracy of royalty accountings.
• Managing the delivery of appropriate accounting statement as required.
• Audit the sales and cost are accurately stated and the statement is issued on the required due date.
• Analyze trends and variances for further inquiry and determine corrective steps.
• Coordinate the statement review with the appropriate affiliate personnel.
• Audit and approve staff's statements as established by department guidelines.
• Validating and preparing recoupment analyses as required.
• Review and approve cash out analysis prepared by the staff.
SALES & SUSPENSE MANAGEMENT, INQUIRIES AND SPECIAL PROJECTS
• Running sales query and reviewing results with Manager.
• Monitoring sales files for activity related to assigned artists.
• Reviewing and prioritizing pending sales transactions for clearance by Affiliate personnel.
• Serve as Point of Contact for various internal and external inquiries related to assigned accounts/territories.
• Providing Sr. Director with status reports regarding the assigned artist accounts and territories.
• Special Projects support as needed.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT & SUPERVISION
• Monitoring the status of the artist accounts assigned to staff members.
• Setting daily/weekly goals for the staff's completion of assigned work.
• Work closely with Department Sr. Director/VP to set overall goals.
• Provide progress reports as determined by the Sr. Directors/VP on department goals.
• Identify training needs of staff members, work with Sr. Director/VP to develop appropriate training plan.
• Provide performance feedback and identify areas of development.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance with at least (4) years of related work experience
• Strong proficiency in Word, Excel (Pivot tables & VLOOKUP) and Outlook; SAP, EROS, and JIRA experience a plus
• Detail oriented individual with strong organizational and leadership skills that can handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (foreign language(s) beneficial)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact well with different levels within the organization
• Ability to analyze and review information from several different sources (corporate systems)
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.