Manager, National Promotions
Sony MusicFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
Manager, National Promotions - Nashville, Tn
Do you love Christian Music? Do you listen to Christian radio? Do you like to talk on the phone with friends, about songs you love? Then have we got an opportunity for you! As a part of the National Promotions team at Provident Label Group you would be working with Christian radio stations all over the country, promoting our artists and songs to help influence what people will hear on the air. It’s up to the National Promotions team to develop radio marketing campaigns for our stellar lineup of artists, featuring Casting Crowns, Matthew West, Zach Williams, Tauren Wells, Tenth Avenue North, Matt Maher, and many more!
We are looking for a promoter who has a special blend of skills… a social-media savvy, creative idea generating, passionate person who enjoys building and fostering mutually beneficial relationships.
If you’re a talkative, relational person who enjoys spending a lot of time working the phones…
If you’re the kind of person who can apply yourself to maximize desired results, with an eye to the big picture…
If you’re a decisive forward-thinker who relishes developing short- and long-term strategies with a team…
Then consider this rewarding position as a Manager of National Promotions at leading Christian music company Provident Label Group. Directly influence PLG’s success by promoting music to radio stations across the country just by being yourself: a great communicator, a determined salesperson, and an innovative critical thinker.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
• Promote Provident Label Group songs and artists to chart reporting radio stations in assigned radio formats with the goal of securing commitments from radio programmers and music directors to play PLG artist singles. Track airplay of PLG singles, using information gathered from conversations with radio programmers and chart information to help develop strategies to achieve airplay goals established by PLG National Promotions leadership.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with radio programmers through telephone conversations, conventions, leadership boards, and by making occasional on-site visits, including traveling with artists to radio stations for meetings, on-air interviews, and promotional events.
• Work with the radio promotions team to help develop radio marketing/promotions plans which include the following: Single promotion strategy, on-air promotions/contests, artist interviews, and radio promotional tours. Implement established promotional plans, making on-the-spot decisions as needed to secure airplay and to achieve airplay goals. Set priorities for expenditure of promotional dollars and develop a promotions budget (under the direction of the VP, Natl Promotions).
• Provide input into selection of radio singles, based on research and programmer relationships, to VP, Natl Promotions.
• Assist VP, Natl Promotions in planning and execution of radio events such as CMB Momentum Convention, CMB Summit Events, and private label events.
• Track and monitor budgeted expenditures.
• Minimum of an associate degree or bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Previous knowledge/experience of the radio industry preferred.
• Experience in Christian radio preferred.
• Must be available to travel.
Promoters are personable, savvy, and creative entrepreneurs. Not only are they selling a product (a single) to radio program directors, they’re selling themselves as a credible source for providing something worthwhile for their clientele. Thus, the ideal candidate will think critically about how all the pieces of business connect and will leverage relationships to produce desired “big-picture” results. A strong collaborative, team-oriented approach is a must. Finally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding communication and relational skills.
Provident Music Group is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment. Enjoy a fun and creative atmosphere in the music industry! Provident employees work in an attractive corporate environment in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee, and receive outstanding benefits including 401(k) match, medical/dental/life/disability insurance, AND 28 paid days off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
No relocation expenses will be paid.
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! Are you the ideal candidate described above? Apply online.
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps. First, apply for this job online. Then, go to our website and, after logging in, click on “Update Profile.” From there, you can upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done. We communicate with applicants by email. If you don’t receive an email confirming our receipt of your application, please check your spam filter and add us to your “allowed” email list: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.