Manager, Media Buying
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Manager, Media Buying. The Orchard seeks a motivated individual for the Digital Advertising Department with a passion for music, video, and other media. This passion must be personal, but also exist as an academic interest in how these media are positioned within our culture. In this role, you will assist the department in advancing our groundbreaking services to clients and owned/operated properties. This position reports directly to the Director of Digital Advertising.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
You are a positive, smart, creative and thoughtful forward-thinker. You have a clear understanding of how digital advertising is part of a company's ecosystem and can be used to achieve a variety of goals. You have a penchant for learning, the ability to have macro & micro perspectives as needed, and the intention to clearly communicate with others.
What You'll Do:
• Execute ad buying across digital and traditional platforms (Google Adwords, Amazon, TradeDesk, Facebook, OOH, and Spotify among others).
• Monitor and optimize campaigns for performance ensuring campaigns are pacing accordingly, managing spend, troubleshooting issues and creating insights about performance.
• Ensure art and copy are displayed appropriately and positioned for best results.
• Collaborate with Advertising Strategy managers on upcoming projects to determine best platforms, target audience, and creative strategies to implement to develop media plans.
• Administrate and develop the use of The Orchard's audience data and CRM data to give campaigns a competitive advantage.
• Build and maintain relationships with external vendors and partners.
• Identify ways to experiment and innovate creatively within different platforms used to advertise
• Test beta products and help provide feedback to improve advertising services and offerings
• Troubleshoot and support optimal functioning of campaigns across The Orchard's self serve platform with attention to detail.
• Participate meaningfully in internal brainstorm sessions, strategy meetings, and client-facing meetings
• Ability to work collaboratively across teams within the organization.
Who You Are:
• Passion for music and interest in the music industry; interest in following advertising and media trends and the music industry
• Strong communication, and problem solving skills; excellent attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate on projects and be a part of a team
• Two or more years' experience as a Media Buyer.
• Familiarity with Google Adwords, Facebook business Manager, Tik Tok, Snapchat TradeDesk and other relevant platforms; working knowledge of media analytics software with an ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
• Organizational and multitasking abilities to work with high volume of campaigns
What We Give You:
• An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and creative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance
About The Orchard
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.