Manager, Label Management, Dance & Electronic
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This position will manage the day to day activities for key US-based electronic distributed labels, working alongside label clients to develop artists and promote content at the industry's leading independent music distributor and label services company. The candidate must have strong passion for and knowledge of the electronic scene and the independent cross-genre music market, an understanding of digital retail platforms, release requirements and opportunities, a creative spirit, and solid technical capabilities.
What You'll Do:
• Manage day to day relationships with US-based electronic distributed label and artist clients, and act as the US day-to-day touch point for non US-based electronic clients.
• Manage clients' priority release campaigns from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments such as sales, marketing, operations, and data analytics as necessary.
• Manage assigned label's digital and physical product logistics and operations, ensuring digital content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems, and physical releases make their way to market by way of coordinating with sales, manufacturing, and inventory management.
• Liaise with all internal departments (from finance and marketing to legal and management) to ensure client business needs are met, as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing your labels' interests.
• Expand the focus on market development and growth by using existing network to bring in new business and consult on how we can add more value for electronic labels and artists.
• Help build out overall electronic music strategy at the company, specifically within the US.
Who You Are:
• 2-3 years' experience within a label or distribution system, or similar area, working with electronic labels or artists
• Passion for electronic music and strong background and network within the electronic music scene, solid understanding of all electronic genres and knowledge of the target audiences and key playlists for each
• Position is customer service and relationship focused, requiring excellent internal and external communication skills and professional diplomacy
• Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills required
• Passionate about the digital music business and the future of electronic music
What We Give You:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.