Manager, Human Resources
Sony MusicNashville, TN
Full Time Job
As a Manager, Human Resources you will ensure alignment between individual, business unit and corporate goals and practices and serve as a collaborative and credible activist, operational executor, business ally and talent manager. Reports to and partners with the Tennessee-based Vice President, Human Resources.
This role will provide consultation and support to both Sony Music Nashville and Provident Entertainment which is based in Franklin, TN. This is an exciting opportunity offering much variety as the HR team works with both the Country and Christian music label groups of Sony Music Entertainment. While you will locally support our Nashville area businesses in all disciplines of HR, you will collaborate closely with our New York headquarters and have the support of a large scale and broad HR team that includes experts in many HR disciplines including Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, HR Systems and Learning and Development.
What you'll do:
• Consultant and Activist/Advocate: You will understand the business need and provide a point of view, position and thoughtful solutions to business challenges. Coach and consult on topics such as people management, performance improvement, career development, company policies/practices, and compensation policy/practice.
• Talent Manager / Organizational Designer: You will have an acute focus on how individuals enter, move up, across or out of the organization working with policies, practices and structure that shape how the organization works. You will help drive the diversification of the organization through community outreach, strategic partnerships and partnering with our Talent Acquisition team in NYC on recruitment for positions across Sony Music Nashville and Provident Entertainment.
• Cultural Steward: You will help nurture a culture of innovation, inclusion, and collaboration across the organization and HR team.
• Operational Executor: You will understand and flawlessly execute all the HR fundamentals (hiring, on-boarding, off-boarding, contract administration, training, etc.). This includes partnering with the business and HR support staff to ensure consistent administration of all HR processes and compliance with legal and audit requirements.
• Collaborator: You will partner with VP of HR and the broader HR team and organization in promoting and communicating the vision, mission, structures, processes and people changes within both label groups.
• Business Ally: You will develop a solid understanding of how the business works and stay current on industry challenges, changes and practices and the competitive landscape in order to provide timely and relevant support, guidance and solutions to our business.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's Degree required; major in Industrial/Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, psychology, or other related field preferred
• You have minimum of 5 years as a Human Resources Business Partner and/or Organizational Development professional. Experience practicing HR in a creative industry (music, television, entertainment, advertising, etc.) is strongly preferred
• You have broad working knowledge of the HR discipline (talent acquisition; employee relations; labor relations; performance management; social responsibility, diversity and inclusion, leadership development; training)
• Strategic ability to translate data and metrics into actionable insights
• A passionate and influential thought partner who can make complex decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and empathy
• You have sound cross-functional collaboration skills, can build relationships internally and instill a sense of solidarity across teams
• Consultative in nature with proven ability to instill trust and credibility with senior leaders
• A self-motivated, innovative thinker who is intellectually curious; with a strong general business and HR acumen and a keen interest in the music industry
• Pivots between strategic solutions and executional activities with agility and has the ability to seamlessly adapt to changing business environments and priorities
• An interest in supporting two distinct teams/organizations: one that expands the message and platforms of Christian music artists/songwriters/films and one that supports Country music artists
• PHR (SHRM-CP) or SHPR (SHRM-SP) are preferred certifications
• What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess (Christmas through New Year's)