Manager, Hip-Hop and R&B Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
About Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We've played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We've nurtured some of music's most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we're committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
As a member of the Marketing department, this individual will plan, develop, implement and drive innovative and effective marketing plans for individual artist projects, strategic catalog initiatives and cultural moments all of which should drive revenue growth and audience acquisition around the Sony Music Hip-Hop and R&B catalog.
• Contribute to the marketing, social media and streaming strategy of a team dedicated to increasing consumption, audience development and engagement around the Sony Music's Hip-Hop/R&B music catalog.
• Oversee social media campaigns and strategies that resonate within the hip-hop, R&B and relevant cultural spaces.
• Implement best practices for Sony Music's hip-hop and R&B music catalog across all major streaming platforms.
• Collaborate with other members of the team to develop and implement streaming marketing strategies which will drive consumption.
• Lead weekly editorial meeting to map out monthly social calendar.
• Manage post boosting testing/optimization, creative development, and analysis for social campaigns, sharing findings in an ongoing manner with key stakeholders.
• Analyze current and historical results to optimize KPIs as well as future strategies.
• Define behavioral and demographic attributes to refine audience/sub-genre segmentation.
• Analyze and communicate competition strategies as well as digital marketing trends.
• Attend and contribute to all relevant internal company meetings and provide department head with timely feedback and follow-up.
• Prepare and distribute regular status report and project recaps on deadline.
• At least 4 years of relevant music or cultural marketing experience.
• Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of hip-hop/R&B as well as the digital and social landscape.
• Sharp knowledge of music streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, YouTube Music, Pandora, etc.).
• Established network of relevant contacts within the music and cultural digital communities.
• Social Media Obsessed: Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with social platforms such as TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
• Experience in social media content deployment, including copy writing/editing, image editing/optimizing and scheduling/optimizing posts for best performance.
• Knowledgeable in best practices of campaign development to optimize efficiency and quality of campaigns across all channels (email, web, social).
• Ability to execute SEO, SEM, Google AdWords and Social Media Ad strategies and campaigns.
• Creative self-starter with ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding attention to organization and detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.