Manager, Financial Marketing Planning, Rca Records
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/18/2022 8:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Financial Marketing Planning, Rca Records jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Financial Marketing Planning, Rca Records postings
Full Time Job
The Marketing Planning team is the financial arm for all of RCA's creative departments.
The Marketing Planning team works directly with the Marketing team to best align their marketing initiatives with our financial goals to drive the best results for the artist and the company.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join RCA Records, a leading industry music label.
As a Marketing Planning Manager, you will communicate directly with Product Managers to forecast budgets and plan for cost drivers such as digital marketing, appearances, videos, photo shoots, tour support and international.
This role requires excellent communication, analytical and organization skills!
This role will be based in Culver City, CA.
What you'll do:
• Work closely with the Marketing Product Managers to manage artist budgets and maintain a monthly forecast
• Review daily flash forecast, perform budget maintenance, and provide spending status reports to cross-functional departments
• Perform month end close process
• Prepare and submit the monthly forecast to Core Finance
• Provide reporting and analysis as needed to cross functional departments and leadership teams
• Effectively communicate financial results and strategy to leadership teams
• Prepare quarterly, and as needed, journal entries in SAP per contractual marketing terms
• Track and collect receipt of third party and inter-company reimbursements/ contributions
• Partner with Business Affairs to maintain artist and label deal contractual marketing commitments
• Approve ICQ forms (Independent Contractor Questionnaire) in accordance with company policy for vendors filing as individuals
• Audit, review and post approved marketing invoices
Who you are:
• Able to work in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
• Min of 3 years of related finance/accounting/financial market planning experience
• Self-sufficient and autonomous; you will be the West Coast dept represent (the rest of the team sits in NYC)
• Able to build and maintain relationships across multiple departments within the company.
• Excellent Microsoft Office Skills. Specifically, Excel (including pivot tables, creating and running queries), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. SAP experience is a major plus.
• College Degree required (Accounting or Finance Related Field)
• You are analytical and understand forecasting while having the ability to work closely with our internal marketing teams
• Must be passionate and excited about working in the music industry
• Be a people person. We want someone whom loves building relationships and communicating with different departments
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.