Manager, Digital Partner & Product Planning
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Responsible for maintaining weekly submission grids / processes and providing new release details containing historical information, marketing drivers, forecasting and social activity
• Initiate digital pre-orders and product pricing for download products
• Liaise with the label production team to ensure accurate digital product set up (metadata and release timing) and confirm availability upon launch
• Attend weekly label production meetings to monitor changes to digital timelines
• Coordinate with Sony account teams to ensure artist profiles are correctly set up and respective products are linked
• Manage advance music requests and distribution
• Actively participate in weekly commercial, content development and creative planning meetings to help develop innovative product set up and release strategies
• Research and have an understanding of emerging music related technologies
• Work closely with digital marketing teams to ensure DSP promotions are supported across artist properties
• The ability to manage time and priorities, set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously – must be highly organized.
• A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, and interpersonal skills.
• The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality.
• Understanding of Streaming platforms including: Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Pandora, SoundCloud, Deezer, YouTube etc.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (with an emphasis on Excel); strong knowledge of social media and streaming services a plus. Will need to learn a variety of other computer systems including, but not limited to, Nielsen, Buzz Angle and internal reporting tools.
• Successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment.
• Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible.
• Music passionate, with a willingness to attend industry events and shows.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.