Manager, Digital Account Management
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard, Manager, Digital Account Management, US will report to the Senior Director, Digital Account Management, US & Canada and is responsible for day to day US digital account management for Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud and more liaising with the Labels/ Label Managers to plan, pitch, and execute campaigns.
• Work directly with the Sr. Director, Account Management to identify priorities at Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud and more, execute strategy, and pitch all Orchard releases
• Work closely with the Sr. Director, Account Management to create/develop campaigns, track success, and create result-driven campaign recaps combining analytics and marketing.
• Oversee day to day US Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud and more account management, driving overall strategy for the account for global priorities
• Liaise with the Label Management, Commercial Insights, Interactive Marketing, and Audience Development teams on artist/ label plans and assets ensuring we are fully optimizing sales and marketing opportunities with all divisions at Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud and more
• Ultimately lead Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud and more account pitch meetings weekly, and participate in all US sales team calls to help strategize and execute on release plans.
• Represent The Orchard US Digital Sales team in label meetings, conferences, etc. with the ability to knowledgeably speak regarding Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud and more
• Drive new business initiatives with Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud and more to maximize artist exposure
• Develop strong relationships across multiple areas at Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud and more; content/ editorial, marketing, sponsorship, reporting, and day to day contacts
• Create and share insights and analysis with Account Managers and Labels/ Label Managers on opportunities to enhance our business/ artist exposure
• Participate in label calls and make presentations to Labels and accounts on behalf of Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud and more
• Communicate to the team developments and opportunities at Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud and more
• Regularly attend shows and develop/ maintain social relationships with the Tidal, Deezer, Soundcloud and more personnel and Labels
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior experience in music industry sales and marketing capacities with a strong understanding of digital service providers
• Prior experience with account management (content, sales, and/ or marketing)
• Prior experience working for distribution with data and ability to create context around data and reporting
• Working knowledge of the music industry, and a passionate commitment to music and artists
• Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills a must.
• Must be respectful, assertive, confident, and self-motivated
• Ability to work under pressure and balance priorities while being a team player
• Strong analytic skills, i.e. Looker
• Proficient in Soundscan, Buzz Angle, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Familiarity with business intelligence tools, such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit our website.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.