Manager, Communication and Publicity
Sony MusicCoconut Grove, FL
Full Time Job
Manager, Communication and Publicity – US Latin
As the Manager, Communications you will play a critical role to the Sony Music US Latin internal communications strategy and execution and serve as Publicity agent to our 100 Rooster of Music Artists. This role will report to the Senior Director, Communications for Sony Music Latin.
What you will do:
Internal Corporate Communication
• Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with managers.
• Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated internally.
• Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums. You may also be required to work on the layout of content.
• Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
• Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization.
• Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages.
• Respond to feedback and adjust communications content accordingly.
• Support Head of Communications with the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
• Expand and maintain a network of music industry contacts, including journalists and editors of music magazines, newspaper music and arts sections, and music websites.
• Decide where to concentrate publicity efforts for an album launch, and/or other music venture.
• Preparing and circulating press releases, artist biographies and promo (promotional) materials.
• Following up initial publicity activities by phone, email or in face-to-face meetings.
• Arranging publicity events, such as media interviews and personal appearances.
• Escorting artists to publicity events.
• In partnership with Project Managers, coordinate logistics of appearances, interviews, showcases, and album release parties and events.
• Coordinate artist activities and press schedules with Project Managers.
• Coordinate and cover press events and appearances as requested (i.e. photo shoots, release parties, television appearances, showcases, award shows, red carpets, etc.)
• Follow up with reports of media implemented after completion of promotions with artists (press clippings.)
Who you are:
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
• You are fluent in Spanish and English (read, write, speak)
• Corporate communications, public relations work experience (minimum 3 years)
• Music Industry, publicity experience preferred. (minimum 2 years)
• Strong writing, editing and interpersonal skills; Spanish and English. (able to provide examples of work.)
• Write and distribute press releases in both Spanish and English. (minimum 3 years)
• A passion for helping people and a curiosity about different cultures.
• Meet deadlines and perform well under pressure in an ever-changing environment.
• Articulate, strong communicators, both in written and verbal.
• Knowledgeable about music, trends and the wider listening tastes of audiences.
• Strong Media Contact
• Positive attitude and work ethic.
• Confident, persuasive and excellent negotiation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PR Newswire and Muck Rack among others.
• Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks, and ability to work with both internal and external constituencies.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth and development
• Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's)