Manager, Communication & Publicity, Us Latin
Sony MusicMiami, FL
Full Time Job
The Communications & Publicity Manager reports to the VP of Communications and will be responsible for overseeing internal and external communications matters ensuring its message is consistent and engaging. You will be in charge of establishing and cultivating relationships with key media players and public interest groups by writing press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information, and for building and maintaining a positive image for our company and roster. To be successful in this role, you will need a deep understanding of consumer marketing. You will also need excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you'll do:
• Expand and maintain a network of music industry contacts, including journalists and editors of music magazines, newspaper music and arts sections, and music websites.
• Decide where to concentrate publicity efforts for album launches, and/or other music ventures.
• Prepare and circulate press releases, artist biographies and promo (promotional) materials until conclusion of project.
• Partner with Product Managers to arrange publicity events, interviews, release parties, etc, ensuring that the artist attends and is prepared.
• Coordinate and cover press events and appearances as requested, including photo shoots, release parties, television appearances, showcases, award shows, red carpets, etc.
• Follow up with reports of media implemented after completion of promotions with artists (press clippings.)
• Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Who you are:
• Five or more years of music industry publicity experience.
• At least three years of experience writing and distributing press releases in both English and Spanish (must have ability to provide examples of work).
• Strong media relationships.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PR Newswire and Muck Rack among others.
• Excellent networker able to adjust approach to different personalities.
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform well under pressure in an ever-changing environment.
• Knowledgeable about music, trends and the wider listening tastes of audiences.
• Highly motivated, positive, creative, energetic, and ambitious, with plenty of drive and persistence.
• Bachelor's degree is required (Communications/Publicity, preferred)
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $70k to $75k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.