Manager, Commercial Partnerships
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As the Manager, Commercial Partnerships, RCA Records, you will play a key role in identifying, pitching and securing visibility for the label's artists and repertoire across select digital service providers (DSP's). You will work alongside programming leads within RCA's Commercial Partnerships team to help execute their day-to-day account needs & responsibilities. This is a great next step for someone looking to learn and grow within a label Commercial Partnerships team and hone their account management skills. This role will focus on RCA's Hip Hop and R&B roster
What you'll do:
• Work alongside and develop strong relationships with label relations, editorial, artist management, and marketing teams at select streaming partners to highlight new releases and ongoing priority projects.
• Support senior programming leads within RCA's Commercial Partnerships team across their day-to-day account needs & responsibilities.
• Assess and recap DSP visibility and campaigns to share with senior management and the other teams of the label.
• Use data and your knowledge of multiple genres of music to identify relevant opportunities for label priorities and craft compelling pitches for artists and releases to excite and engage partners.
• Collaborate across departments to develop and execute creative on and off-platform ideas to grow the streams and awareness of artists and releases.
• Oversee and communicate the label release schedule, priority grids and advance listening links.
• Work alongside commercial team members to help formulate overall release strategy on a domestic and global scale.
• Develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment.
• Lead frequent partner calls and business presentations with the accounts.
Who you are:
• You have music industry experience (at least three years in streaming/editorial/playlisting field).
• You have strong, existing relationships with key streaming partners, and an excellent understanding and knowledge of their playlists and marketing programs.
• You have a bachelor's degree.
• You have a positive attitude and are extremely organized with great attention to detail.
• You have an in depth understanding of the major streaming platforms and typical consumer streaming behavior.
• An exceptional communicator with extraordinary time management skills.
• You can assess the performance and potential of songs based on streaming data.
• An extremely organized professional and be able to create and maintain very strong business relationships, and able to balance priorities.
• Must have a passionate commitment to music and artists and be available to attend evening showcases as required.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $65,000 to $80,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.