Manager, Business Affairs
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager, Business Affairs will manage a variety of business affairs administration and licensing matters as part of the Sony Music Commercial Music Group (CMG) which encompasses, among other business units, the Sony Legacy label, The Threadshop (merchandising), The SyncShop (master use licensing), Arcade Creative Group (advertising creative agency) and Artist Legacy Group (artist estate brand management).
Drafting and limited negotiation of the following and other similar items:
• Merchandise agreements/licenses.
• DMCA waivers.
• Exclusivity waivers (including review of third party drafted waivers).
• Side-artist agreements.
• Audit settlements.
• Producer declarations.
• Producer and/or payment direction LODs.
• Master Use Licenses.
• Estate representation agreements.
• Location and talent releases.
Administration using various relevant Sony Music systems and tools:
• Extensive payee change research and review oversight (includes contract research and review).
• Arcade advertising agency “Scope of Work” oversight.
• Budget approval routing.
• Royalty account set up.
• Address, payment and other general inquiries.
• Union filings.
• Production Insurance quotes.
• General royalty inquiries.
• Arcade clearance review.
• Promotional product/marketing track clearances.
• Product/promotional marketing artwork clearances.
• Strong drafting, negotiating, written and verbal communication skills, multitasking ability and knowledge of the music industry and intellectual property issues.
• Ability to interact well with all levels within the organization, including senior executives.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
• Self-motivated/works independently.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Detail oriented, timely and accurate.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in business affairs at an entertainment law firm or media company.
• Law degree strongly preferred.