Manager, Business Affairs Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a Manager, Business Affairs Administration will manage a variety of business affairs administration and licensing matters as part of a centralized core group on behalf of Sony Music Entertainment affiliated US labels (Arista, Columbia, Epic, RCA, SME Nashville, etc.).
What you'll do:
• Request, negotiate, draft, review and administer various agreements in capacity of licensee and licensor on behalf of SME affiliated labels including but not limited to:
• Side Artist Agreements
• Venue Agreements
• Master Use Licenses
• Artwork Agreements (to the extent 3rd Party consents are required)
• Quitclaim Letters
• Festival Agreements
• General Label Waivers
• Review audio-visual materials to highlight any trademark, side artist, or venue issues and if necessary, negotiate and obtain clearances and/or recommend edits to appropriate internal department(s)
• Create, maintain, and internally distribute a variety of status charts and reports, including but not limited to bi-weekly label/BA status reports
• Contract research
• Royalty account research to verify payee information and confirm various royalty obligations, including but not limited to artist, side artist, and third party royalties
• Review (and coordinate with B&LA) contest rules associated with sweepstakes, giveaways, etc.
• Advise on negotiating appropriate synch fees in connection with guest artist appearances as needed
Who you are:
• Minimum of 2 years industry experience in business affairs, licensing or entertainment law firm.
• Law Degree and Member of New York Bar in good standing
• Strong negotiating and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a focus on contract drafting and business writing.
• Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail with ability to effectively multi-task.
• Knowledge of the music industry and intellectual property issues (e.g. copyright, trademark, etc.).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
New York Pay Range
$80,000 — $90,000 USD
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.