Manager, Business Affairs Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager, Business Affairs Administration will manage a variety of business affairs administration and licensing matters as part of a centralized core group on behalf of Sony Music Entertainment affiliated US labels (Arista, Columbia, Epic, RCA, SME Nashville, etc.).
What you'll do:
• Request, negotiate, draft, review and administer various agreements in capacity of licensee and licensor on behalf of SME affiliated labels including but not limited to:
• Side Artist Agreements
• Venue Agreements
• Master Use Licenses
• Artwork Agreements (to the extent 3rd Party consents are required)
• Quitclaim Letters
• Festival Agreements
• General Label Waivers
• Review audio-visual materials to highlight any trademark, side artist, or venue issues and if necessary, negotiate and obtain clearances and/or recommend edits to appropriate internal department(s)
• Create, maintain, and internally distribute a variety of status charts and reports, including but not limited to bi-weekly label/BA status reports
• Contract research
• Royalty account research to verify payee information and confirm various royalty obligations, including but not limited to artist, side artist, and third party royalties
• Review (and coordinate with B&LA) contest rules associated with sweepstakes, giveaways, etc.
• Advise on negotiating appropriate synch fees in connection with guest artist appearances as needed
What you will have:
• Law degree and minimum of 3 years industry experience in business affairs, licensing or entertainment law firm.
• Member of New York Bar in good standing
• Strong negotiating and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a focus on contract drafting and business writing.
• Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail with ability to effectively multi-task.
• Knowledge of the music industry and intellectual property issues (e.g. copyright, trademark, etc.).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
What we will give:
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• Time off for Winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.