Manager, Business Affairs Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager, Business Affairs Administration will manage a variety of business affairs administration and licensing matters as part of a centralized core group on behalf of Sony Music Entertainment affiliated US labels (Arista, Columbia, Epic, RCA, SME Nashville, etc.).
What you'll do:
• Request, negotiate, draft, review and administer various agreements in capacity of licensee and licensor on behalf of SME affiliated labels including but not limited to:
• Side Artist Agreements
• Venue Agreements
• Master Use Licenses
• Artwork Agreements (to the extent 3rd Party consents are required)
• Quitclaim Letters
• Festival Agreements
• General Label Waivers
• Review audio-visual materials to highlight any trademark, side artist, or venue issues and if necessary, negotiate and obtain clearances and/or recommend edits to appropriate internal department(s)
• Create, maintain, and internally distribute a variety of status charts and reports, including but not limited to bi-weekly label/BA status reports
• Contract research
• Royalty account research to verify payee information and confirm various royalty obligations, including but not limited to artist, side artist, and third party royalties
• Review (and coordinate with B&LA) contest rules associated with sweepstakes, giveaways, etc.
• Advise on negotiating appropriate synch fees in connection with guest artist appearances as needed
What you will have:
• Law degree and minimum of 3 years industry experience in business affairs, licensing or entertainment law firm.
• Member of New York Bar in good standing
• Strong negotiating and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a focus on contract drafting and business writing.
• Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail with ability to effectively multi-task.
• Knowledge of the music industry and intellectual property issues (e.g. copyright, trademark, etc.).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
What we will give:
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's)