Manager, Ba Admin
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/31/2020 12:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Ba Admin jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Ba Admin postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Ba Admin? Overview
The Manager, Business Affairs Administration will manage a variety of business affairs administration and licensing matters as part of a centralized core group on behalf of Sony Music Entertainment affiliated US labels (Arista, Columbia, Epic, RCA, SME Nashville, etc.).
• Request, negotiate, draft, review and administer various agreements in capacity of licensee and licensor on behalf of SME affiliated labels including but not limited to:
• Side Artist Agreements
• Venue Agreements
• Master Use Licenses
• Artwork Agreements (to the extent 3rd Party consents are required)
• Quitclaim Letters
• Festival Agreements
• General Label Waivers
• Review audio-visual materials to highlight any trademark, side artist, or venue issues and if necessary, negotiate and obtain clearances and/or recommend edits to appropriate internal department(s)
• Create, maintain, and internally distribute a variety of status charts and reports, including but not limited to bi-weekly label/BA status reports
• Contract research
• Royalty account research to verify payee information and confirm various royalty obligations, including but not limited to artist, side artist, and third party royalties
• Review (and coordinate with B&LA) contest rules associated with sweepstakes, giveaways, etc.
• Advise on negotiating appropriate synch fees in connection with guest artist appearances as needed
• Minimum of 2 years industry experience in business affairs, licensing or entertainment law firm.
• J.D. from an accredited law school.
• Strong negotiating and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a focus on contract drafting and business writing.
• Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail with ability to effectively multi-task.
• Knowledge of the music industry and intellectual property issues (e.g. copyright, trademark, etc.).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.