Manager, Ba Admin
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager, Business Affairs Administration will manage a variety of business affairs administration and licensing matters as part of a centralized core group on behalf of Sony Music Entertainment affiliated US labels (Arista, Columbia, Epic, RCA, SME Nashville, etc.).
• Request, negotiate, draft, review and administer various agreements in capacity of licensee and licensor on behalf of SME affiliated labels including but not limited to:
• Side Artist Agreements
• Venue Agreements
• Master Use Licenses
• Artwork Agreements (to the extent 3rd Party consents are required)
• Quitclaim Letters
• Festival Agreements
• General Label Waivers
• Review audio-visual materials to highlight any trademark, side artist, or venue issues and if necessary, negotiate and obtain clearances and/or recommend edits to appropriate internal department(s)
• Create, maintain, and internally distribute a variety of status charts and reports, including but not limited to bi-weekly label/BA status reports
• Contract research
• Royalty account research to verify payee information and confirm various royalty obligations, including but not limited to artist, side artist, and third party royalties
• Review (and coordinate with B&LA) contest rules associated with sweepstakes, giveaways, etc.
• Advise on negotiating appropriate synch fees in connection with guest artist appearances as needed
• Minimum of 2 years industry experience in business affairs, licensing or entertainment law firm.
• J.D. from an accredited law school.
• Strong negotiating and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a focus on contract drafting and business writing.
• Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail with ability to effectively multi-task.
• Knowledge of the music industry and intellectual property issues (e.g. copyright, trademark, etc.).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.