Manager, Artist Relations & Marketing
Sony MusicCoconut Grove, FL
Full Time Job
Manager, Artist Relations & Marketing - Central America & Caribbean
As the Manager, Artist Relations & Marketing you will manage artist relations between Sony Music Central America & Caribbean (CAC), the label, and its artists as well as create marketing strategies for each artist's music and content releases. You will be the lead project manager for all matters relating to CAC artist releases ensuring that our services are meeting their needs and that our artists are happy while expanding their reach and brand around the world.
What you'll do:
• Develop and execute marketing plans for CAC artists covering areas such as media promotion, traditional and digital marketing, and commercial exploitation on digital streaming platforms.
• Create and coordinate the timely distribution to internal and external stakeholders of all marketing tools for each artist content release including press releases, media alerts, video content, promo photos, artwork, graphic assets, banners, etc.
• Manage third-party agencies responsible for creating and producing creative marketing assets, executing activations, running advertising campaigns, measuring, analyzing, and reporting campaign results, etc.
• Function as the lead project manager coordinating all marketing and commercial efforts for each CAC artist release from planning to final delivery, including working with all applicable internal departments to execute local, regional and/or international marketing campaigns.
• Manage all communications with international Sony Music teams throughout the region to coordinate all marketing and commercial efforts for CAC artist releases in other territories.
• Prepare and manage marketing budgets (local and international) for each CAC artist release.
• Manage and update each CAC artist's working calendar.
• Conduct daily release campaign reviews with the digital marketing and digital sales teams to measure effectiveness of commercial and marketing strategies.
• Ensure the artist's timely execution of social media marketing plans for each release.
• Remain in constant communication with the A&R department and assist with the coordination of CAC artist photo shoots, video shoots, etc.
• Coordinate CAC artist content release dates with A&R, Marketing & Digital Sales departments.
• Manage the CAC artist release schedule and distribute to all internal stakeholders.
• Work with the head of Radio promotion in CAC to ensure each release's radio strategy is successfully executed.
• Work with the CAC Business Development Director to support the procurement of strategic partnership opportunities for CAC artists.
• Travel with CAC artists to assist with promotional activities in the CAC region as well as internationally.
• Prepare and distribute weekly campaign reports including digital, media, radio, etc.
• Create a comprehensive results report for each artist release (Campaigns, results analysis with Digital and Digital Marketing teams, next step advice).
• Coordinate CAC artists' promotional interviews (phoner's, press, tv, radio, digital and digital marketing) for all Sony Music regions.
• Manage communications with CAC artists and their managers regarding all matters related to Sony Music's marketing and promotional efforts.
• Handle Crisis situation (Complaint request, quick solution and referring cases to each department)
• Coordinate press opportunities, including award show appearances, for CAC artists in close collaboration with artist's publicist, when applicable.
• Develop and cultivate close relationships with international media coms.
Who you are:
• You have 5 years of experience in traditional and digital marketing, project management and/or artist relations in the music entertainment industry.
• A Bachelor's degree in marketing or any related field.
• An excellent communicator with high-level negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
• You are organized, passionate and positive-minded, with the ability to supervise projects and their timelines from start to finish.
• You have existing relationships with key Latin music and entertainment media outlets in the US and Latin America.
• Knowledgeable about the Latin music industry in the USA and globally.
• Knowledgeable in the inner workings of social media and digital partners
• Fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth and development
• Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's)