Manager, Account Management
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Account Management, Pandora/ Shazam/ Musical.L.Y/ Facebook, Us
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is looking for a Manager, Account Management, Pandora/ Shazam / Musical.l.y/Facebook,US to join our dynamic NYC (East Village) team.
The Orchard, Manager, Account Management, Pandora/Shazam/ Musical.ly/ Facebook, US will report to the Senior Director, Digital Account Management, US & Canada and is responsible for day to day US digital account management for Pandora/Shazam/ Musical.ly/ Facebook, liaising with the Labels/ Label Managers to plan, pitch, and execute campaigns.
• Work directly with the Sr. Director, Account Management to identify priorities at Pandora/ Shazam/ Musical.ly/ Facebook, execute strategy, and pitch all Orchard releases
• Work closely with the Sr. Director, Account Management to create/develop campaigns, track success, and create result-driven campaign recaps combining analytics and marketing.
• Oversee day to day US Pandora/ Shazam/ Musical.ly/Facebook account management, driving overall strategy for the account for global priorities
• Liaise with the Label Management, Commercial Insights, Interactive Marketing, and Audience Development teams on artist/ label plans and assets ensuring we are fully optimizing sales and marketing opportunities with all divisions at Pandora/ Shazam/ Musical.ly/Facebook
• Ultimately lead Pandora/Shazam/ Musical.ly/Facebook account pitch meetings weekly, and participate in all US sales team calls to help strategize and execute on release plans.
• Represent The Orchard US Digital Sales team in label meetings, conferences, etc. with the ability to knowledgeably speak regarding Pandora/Shazam/ Musical.ly/Facebook
• Drive new business initiatives with Pandora/ Shazam/ Musical.ly/ Facebook to maximize artist exposure
• Develop strong relationships across multiple areas at Pandora/ Shazam/ Musical.ly/ Facebook; content/ editorial, marketing, sponsorship, reporting, and day to day contacts
• Create and share insights and analysis with Account Managers and Labels/ Label Managers on opportunities to enhance our business/ artist exposure
• Participate in label calls and make presentations to Labels and accounts on behalf of Pandora/Shazam/ Musical.ly/Facebook
• Communicate to the team developments and opportunities at Pandora/Shazam/ Musical.ly/Facebook
• Regularly attend shows and develop/ maintain social relationships with the Pandora/ Shazam/ Musical.ly/Facebook personnel and Labels
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior experience with account management (content, sales, and/ or marketing)
• Prior experience working for distribution with data and ability to create context around data and reporting
• Working knowledge of the music industry, and a passionate commitment to music and artists
• Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills a must.
• Must be respectful, assertive, confident, and self-motivated
• Ability to work under pressure and balance priorities while being a team player
• Strong analytic skills, i.e. Looker
• Proficient in Soundscan, Buzz Angle, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Familiarity with business intelligence tools, such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.