Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/3/2022 7:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager A&R jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager A&R postings
Full Time Job
The Manager, A&R will be responsible for finding and acquiring recording artists, songs and producers as well as leading artist development efforts for designated artists in their genre.
What you'll do:
• Find and acquire recording artists, songs and producers through demos, recordings and live performances.
• Cultivate relationships with artists and representatives and negotiate deals.
• Solicit producers and coordinate meetings with artists and producers.
• Attend recording, mixing and mastering sessions.
• Recommend singles and key tracks.
• Act as liaison with artist, artist managers and art department regarding marketing concepts.
Who you are:
• 5 years of experience in A&R and artist development.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong artist relation skills.
• Ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects throughout the day.
• Ability to handle and defuse intense situations.
• Ability to handle talent relations effectively.
• Able to work across multiple departments successfully.
• Ability to understand, manage and forecast budgets.
• Travel is required as needed.
• Must be willing and able to attend concerts, artist appearances, and photo and video shoots as requested.
• Must be able to attend artist performances, recording sessions and rehearsals.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.