Manager, A&R-Human Re Sources
Sony MusicAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
As a Manager, A&R Human Re Sources, based in either ATL or LA you will work alongside equally eager professionals with a passion for the urban genre! You will be responsible for finding and acquiring recording artists, songs and producers as well as leading artist development efforts for designated artists in their genre.
What You'll Do:
• Find and acquire recording artists, songs and producers through demos, recordings and live performances.
• Cultivate relationships with artists and representatives and negotiate deals.
• Solicit producers and coordinate meetings with artists and producers.
• Attend recording, mixing and mastering sessions.
• Select singles and key tracks.
• Act as liaison with artist, artist managers and art department regarding marketing concepts.
Who You Are:
• 1-2 years of experience in A&R and artist development preferred, but not required
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong artist relation skills.
• Ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects throughout the day.
• Ability to handle and defuse intense situations.
• Ability to handle talent relations effectively.
• Able to work across multiple departments successfully.
• Ability to understand, manage and forecast budgets.
• Travel is required as needed.
• Must be willing and able to attend concerts, artist appearances, and photo and video shoots as requested.
• Must be able to attend artist performances, recording sessions and rehearsals.
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $65k to $75k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.