Manager, A&R Admin
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/14/2022 1:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, A&R Admin jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, A&R Admin postings
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
The Manager of A&R Administration reports to the Senior Director of A&R Administration and works closely with A&R Operations, Business & Legal Affairs and artist representatives in handling all ''non-creative'' aspects of the recording process. This position also includes, but is not limited to, the following:
What you'll do:
• Administering and managing recording budgets for a designated roster.
• Preparing recording cost budgets and periodic forecasts in tandem with the Finance department.
• Drafting and negotiating producer and remix agreements, musician and vocalist grant forms.
• Processing contractual payments to artists, producers, remixers, and sample licensors, confirming that delivery requirements have been met in each instance.
• Approving costs including recording, mixing, and mastering sessions, travel.
• Issuing purchase orders to vendors, obtaining requisite approvals, and processing invoices.
• Preparing and/or reviewing AFM and SAG-AFTRA contracts for all participants on a given release.
• Collecting, reviewing, and routing project label copy, ensuring that all clearances are received in advance of song/LP release.
• Acting as point person in having songs reviewed and cleared for samples.
• Liaising with Royalties to confirm that all questions are answered in preparation for quarterly statement rendering.
• Ad hoc projects and financial analyses as requested.
Who you are:
• College Degree
• Previous record label experience and/or understanding of the recording process and music industry as a whole
• Prior work experience in accounting or finance is a plus. Must be highly proficient in Excel and possess strong analytical and data modeling skills.
• Solid communication, organizational, communication, and follow up skills.
• Able to work independently, multitask, and manage evolving priorities on the fly.
• Must be able to interact well with all internal and external contacts, from C-suite executives to interns to artists, and form positive and productive working relationships.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess