Junior Producer, Recurring Series (Podcast)
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music has entered a new podcasting venture with podcast veterans Adam Davidson and Laura Mayer. The venture will produce a suite of original, thoughtful, and buoyant podcasts across genres. The Producer – Recurring Series is a foundational member of the podcasting venture. This role is responsible for providing support to the editorial process in Brooklyn, New York. This role will report to the COO.
• Responsible for one show, which airs between 26 and 52 episodes annually.
• The Producer- Recurring Series will focus roughly 70 percent of their time on short term, - daily and weekly -production tasks (meeting regular show deadlines), 20 percent of their time on longer term production tasks (planning special episodes or series), and 10 percent of their time evaluating and/or creating new show ideas.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
• At least 1 year of editorial experience in a fast-paced, media environment. Podcast experience required.
• Candidates who are interested in creating editorial processes that are financially and creatively sustainable.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills are required.
• Must be able to edit audio. ProTools experience is preferred, but not required.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player.
• Must love, and listen to, podcasts!