Influencer Relations College Representative
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
About Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We've played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We've nurtured some of music's most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we're committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
Sony Music U plays an essential role in the development of Sony Music's emerging artists and also assists in the roll out of established artists. Our College Marketing Representatives are well-versed in the online/social media world, organize listening events, interact closely with various campus groups and liaise with independent record stores and lifestyle shops. This is a remote, part-time role, that requires a commitment of approximately 20 hours per week. The College Marketing Representative position is a great way to learn about the music business, gain marketing experience, and get your foot in the door of one of the world's leading entertainment companies.
The Influencer Relations College Marketing Representative is responsible for managing relationships and executing campaigns with Sony Music U's network of influencers, as well as managing the overall influencer strategy for the College Marketing Department.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining Sony Music U's network of relevant influencers for campaigns
• Proactively identify partners in the pop/rock landscape to bring into the Sony Music U network of influencers across Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube
• Manage database influencer personalities
• Work with the analytics team to conduct ongoing research to identify new influencers who are fans of our developing, priority artists
• Organize asset servicing (albums, tracks, etc.) to targeted influencers
• Brainstorm and execute exclusive experiences for our network of influencers including listening events, backstage concert experiences, etc
• Monitor influencer industry trends and news & educate the team
• Create and distribute weekly recaps of efforts for the management team
• Brainstorm ways to leverage influencer networks to increase the reach of existing campaigns
• Work with Social Media Reps to determine collaborations, giveaways, and other promotional events
• Currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate college student with (2) or more years before graduation
• Immersed in the content/influencer world and well-versed in current influencer trends and developments
• Previous experience working with influencers on campaigns
• Knowledge and passion for influencers and social media
• Highly organized
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Proactive mindset
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.