Head Of Corporate and Social Responsibility
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is a global music entertainment company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
The Head of Corporate Responsibility will lead Sony Music’s Corporate and Social Responsibility program. This newly created role help develop and drive the SME global corporate responsibility strategy. The Director of Corporate Responsibility must have a track record of insight-driven and forward-looking strategy and programs. S/he should be a seasoned CSR subject matter expert across sustainable business practices and social impact, with experience creating CSR strategies and programs developing CSR communications platforms, leading CSR reports, facilitating stakeholder engagement and public-private partnerships, and creating partnerships that inspire action. The Director of Corporate Responsibility should be well versed on the CSR space, the trends and the influencers to be a trusted advisory to senior-level stakeholders.
• Develop the newly formed group’s strategy and identifying near term and long term goals.
• Analyze external trends and benchmarks for insights to inform strategy development.
• Evaluate and identify business partners that support the various corporate responsibility causes.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with appropriate non-profit organizations to support the overall strategic goals of SME.
• Collaborate with each of the labels and territories to ensure the overall strategic direction of corporate responsibility activities are well aligned.
• Work cross-divisionally with internal partners and champions for corporate responsibility, ensuring that our corporate responsibility practices are embedded throughout SME.
• Serve as a trusted advisor and partner for our businesses and artists, constantly looking for new and creative ways to meet and exceed their corporate responsibility goals through innovative solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or relevant business experience preferred.
• 10 years of relevant professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm, NGO working with business, or a CSR/Sustainability, or similar role in the private sector ideally in the entertainment industry.
• Strong knowledge of social and environmental trends, especially those relevant to the entertainment industry.
• Collaborative and team player mindset, with the ability to influence.
• Strong track record in successfully managing multiple processes and disparate projects through collaborative business relationships.
• Highly analytical, can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions.
• High ethical standards and commitment to core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
• Excellent external networking and presentation skills, including the aptitude to actively identify appropriate opportunities to share key messages with appropriate constituent groups.
• Extraordinary partnership skills specifically the validated ability to initiate and lead collaborative efforts of multiple teams throughout the organization.
• Strong financial acumen and a history of successfully running a budget including the ability to analyze departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions.
• A true leader with a track record of effecting change, resolving conflicts who ensures teamwork across all levels. This includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.
• Engaging and passionate story teller, able to effectively craft and position messages to highlight SME's corporate responsibility initiatives building awareness and momentum
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful colleagues. S/he will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, s/he will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.