Global Technology Analyst Development Trainee
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Global Technology Analyst Development Trainee Technology
This is an exciting opportunity to begin working in the music industry as a Technology professional. The program will begin in August 2021. In addition to developing your technical skills, this program provides essential background and experience in various technology and business functions of a Music company. You will gain deep knowledge about and contribute to a wide range of areas including business analysis, project management, application life cycle support and business process re-engineering and technology leadership with the goal of preparing the Trainee to become a Technology leader at Sony Music over time. Trainees, while in each project, will be under the tutelage of one of our Technology professionals, gaining hands-on exposure to the business side of the music industry and will be strongly considered for full-time placement once the program concludes.
This is a 2-year program, with exposure to a wide range of areas including Finance & Accounting Systems, Digital Asset Management and Archiving, Digital Supply Chain and Consumer Analytics.
Your work location will be dependent on the project but will most likely be based in NYC or Rutherford, NJ.
This program is open to Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter 2020 and Winter/Spring 2021 college grads with a Liberal Arts degree and a demonstrable proficiency in Calculus, Statistics or similar
The deadline to apply to this position is Friday July 9th @ 5p EST.
What you'll do:
• Work with technology teams in an agile environment to define requirements and provide applications testing and documentation support
• Work closely with senior business analysts to define business problems and help conceptualize technology solutions
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholders on-shore and off-shore to fulfil IS&T service demands
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
• Conduct research on software and systems products
• Gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems thru utilization metrics and business process analysis
• Assist in documentation processes spanning user requirements, functional specifications, user manuals and operations, security, & business continuity compliance
Who you are:
• This program is open to Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter 2020 and Winter/Spring 2021 college grads with a Liberal Arts degree and a demonstrable proficiency in Calculus, Statistics or similar
• You have a very strong interest in Programming or Information Technology
• You are passionate about solving business problems
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills
• You are hungry to learn and grow. You are curious, ask questions and get excited about new projects
• You can manage multiple projects simultaneously
• You are passionate about the music and entertainment business and have a desire to build a career in the industry
• You have advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups, etc.) and experience using PowerPoint
• You are a pro-active go-getter who can flourish in a fast-paced environment
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Winter recess (Christmas Day through New Year's Day)
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.