Finance Rotation Trainee
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Our Finance Rotation Trainee Program is an incredible opportunity for college graduates to gain exposure to the financial functions of a music company while building meaningful professional relationships. This program provides Finance Trainees with on-the-job training and experiential learning that aims to develop future leaders at Sony Music. Trainees work across a wide range of areas, including Royalties, Accounting, Global Finance, Digital Operations, and Label Finance.
This is a 2-year rotational program. Year 1 will include two 6-month rotations in Royalties and Corporate Accounting based in Rutherford, NJ; Year 2 will include three rotations, in Corporate Finance, Global Digital Business or our independent distribution company The Orchard, and at a major label at our NYC office.
This program is open to candidates who have graduated from an undergrad or graduate program in Fall 2020 or Winter/Spring/Summer 2021. The program will start in August 2021.
The final date to apply to this program is May 14th 2021 @ 5p EST.
What you'll do:
• Support all aspects of royalty accounting for designated record labels
• Create, review and maintain monthly reports for management
• Be responsible for certain aspects of the monthly close process
• Conduct detailed analysis and research on financial results and balances
• Utilize our sales and finance reporting and forecasting systems
• Perform sales analysis and analysis of non-financial KPIs including market share and chart performance
• Collaborate on a wide range of other special projects and assignments
Who you are:
• You hold a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related studies and are interested in a Finance career
• Passionate about music
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Analytical and detail oriented
• Demonstrated success through prior accomplishments
• Exhibits business acumen with a curiosity and willingness to learn
• This program is open to candidates who have graduated from an undergrad or graduate program in Fall 2020 or Winter/Spring/Summer 2021. The program will start in August 2021.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess (Christmas Day through New Year's Day)
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.