Finance Rotation Trainee
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/14/2021 1:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Finance Rotation Trainee jobs in New York-NY
Search all Finance Rotation Trainee postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Finance Rotation Trainee? Our Finance Rotation Trainee Program is an incredible opportunity for college graduates to gain exposure to the financial functions of a music company while building meaningful professional relationships. This program provides Finance Trainees with on-the-job training and experiential learning that aims to develop future leaders at Sony Music. Trainees work across a wide range of areas, including Royalties, Accounting, Global Finance, Digital Operations, and Label Finance.
This is a 2-year rotational program. Year 1 will include two 6-month rotations in Royalties and Corporate Accounting based in Rutherford, NJ; Year 2 will include three rotations, in Corporate Finance, Global Digital Business or our independent distribution company The Orchard, and at a major label at our NYC office.
This program is open to candidates who have graduated from an undergrad or graduate program in Fall 2020 or Winter/Spring/Summer 2021. The program will start in August 2021.
The final date to apply to this program is May 14th 2021 @ 5p EST.
What you'll do:
• Support all aspects of royalty accounting for designated record labels
• Create, review and maintain monthly reports for management
• Be responsible for certain aspects of the monthly close process
• Conduct detailed analysis and research on financial results and balances
• Utilize our sales and finance reporting and forecasting systems
• Perform sales analysis and analysis of non-financial KPIs including market share and chart performance
• Collaborate on a wide range of other special projects and assignments
Who you are:
• You hold a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related studies and are interested in a Finance career
• Passionate about music
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Analytical and detail oriented
• Demonstrated success through prior accomplishments
• Exhibits business acumen with a curiosity and willingness to learn
• This program is open to candidates who have graduated from an undergrad or graduate program in Fall 2020 or Winter/Spring/Summer 2021. The program will start in August 2021.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess (Christmas Day through New Year's Day)
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.