Sony MusicBrooklyn, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music has entered a new podcasting venture with podcast veterans Adam Davidson and Laura Mayer called Three Uncanny Four. The venture will produce a suite of original, thoughtful, and buoyant podcasts across genres.
The Executive Producer is responsible for producing Ariel Levy's upcoming untitled podcast. The Executive Producer will also be tasked with providing top-level edits to projects created by Three Uncanny Four, and contribute to TUF's regular ''braintrust'' meetings. This role will report to the COO and is based in Brooklyn, New York.
• Work to develop and produce alongside Editor-at-Large programs, according to TUF's timelines and editorial standards.
• Work with the Senior Editors on editorial vision across series.
• Bring series from initial development through launch while working collaboratively with a team of producers across all verticals.
• The Executive Producer will spend the majority of their time in active production on Editor-at-Large programming.
• The Executive Producer will also help evaluate new series and spend time helping shape the company's overall editorial direction with TUF senior leadership with a focus on becoming and remaining competitive in the field.
• The Executive Producer will help create and refine editorial processes to make them financially and creatively sustainable.
• Provide guidance to producers as needed in all faucets of creative and production processes.
• Executive Producer will work with COO to provide first phase of program budgets as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
• Must have relevant experience in narrative storytelling – whether in radio, podcasting, writing, film or TV.
• Comfortable, and excited, about working across multiple shows and genres.
• Must be an enthusiastic manager of the creative processes.
• Excellent communication skills and be a team player.
• Must know when to ask for help while also taking ownership over the success or challenges of their shows.
• At least 7 years of editorial experience in a fast-paced, narrative-centric media environment.
• Strong writing skills required.
• Podcast experience encouraged but not required.
• Must love and listen to podcasts!
About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.