Sony MusicBrooklyn, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/5/2020 6:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Executive Producer jobs in Brooklyn-NY
Search all Executive Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Producer? About Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We've played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We've nurtured some of music's most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we're committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
Sony Music has entered a new podcasting venture with podcast veterans Adam Davidson and Laura Mayer called Three Uncanny Four. The venture will produce a suite of original, thoughtful, and buoyant podcasts across genres.
The Executive Producer is responsible for producing Ariel Levy's upcoming untitled podcast. The Executive Producer will also be tasked with providing top-level edits to projects created by Three Uncanny Four, and contribute to TUF's regular ''braintrust'' meetings. This role will report to the COO and is based in Brooklyn, New York.
• Work to develop and produce alongside Editor-at-Large programs, according to TUF's timelines and editorial standards.
• Work with the Senior Editors on editorial vision across series.
• Bring series from initial development through launch while working collaboratively with a team of producers across all verticals.
• The Executive Producer will spend the majority of their time in active production on Editor-at-Large programming.
• The Executive Producer will also help evaluate new series and spend time helping shape the company's overall editorial direction with TUF senior leadership with a focus on becoming and remaining competitive in the field.
• The Executive Producer will help create and refine editorial processes to make them financially and creatively sustainable.
• Provide guidance to producers as needed in all faucets of creative and production processes.
• Executive Producer will work with COO to provide first phase of program budgets as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
• Must have relevant experience in narrative storytelling – whether in radio, podcasting, writing, film or TV.
• Comfortable, and excited, about working across multiple shows and genres.
• Must be an enthusiastic manager of the creative processes.
• Excellent communication skills and be a team player.
• Must know when to ask for help while also taking ownership over the success or challenges of their shows.
• At least 7 years of editorial experience in a fast-paced, narrative-centric media environment.
• Strong writing skills required.
• Podcast experience encouraged but not required.
• Must love and listen to podcasts!
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.